Vignettes of a South African Township called Mdantsane

Friday, October 12, 2012

at the 169, long street


and the next evening
just the realization
of being on long street
and 169
finally....
music draped shuffling steps outside
mist of voices settled
in a yellow domain
a forest of streets
suddenly entered
the obese man lifted his hat
a colored girl in ultra shorts smiled
she is tapping the world
on her mobile
entering exiting
each other
169 in hushed vivaldi
and sparkling turquoise
in a moist sense
in surrender
in slender proportions
blew
a sudden gusto
trumpets beholding reason
heaving
eyes and bodies took to each other
in violence suggested
living
and living
the black dwarf from the murals called out
don’t just look
sniff me, my lord
my existence
my enslaved sky
sniff me, your exalted highness
sniff my cape dutch chains
sniff my walls
and i did
169 exploded
in tiny stars
of shadows
on colored lips and colored eyes
of spinal movements
of cerebrum
borrowing synapses
breaking
joining
breaking again
riding
unlike each other
long street crawled
the obese man
just smiled



No comments:

Post a Comment